One of the most important things that we try to promote to our clients is the importance of quality dental health. Studies have shown that good dental health does help to increase the lifespan of your pet. Here are a couple web sites that will help you and your pet obtain quality dental health:
- Amweican Veterinary Dental College https://www.avdc.org/carefordogs.html is approved by veterinary dentists. It provides an extensive list of chews, treats, rinses, etc.
- Healthy Mouth is specifically for a water additive that is approved by the veterinary dentists mentioned above. This product has quickly become a favorite of Dr. Gallagher.
- Hill’s provides an excellent food (we promote it as a treat): Tooth Diet (t/d). This food adheres to the surface of your pets teeth to help break up the calculus. Dogs love it & love to chew!
Douglas Oaks Forms & Frequently Asked Questions!
- Douglas Oaks New Client Form – PDF
- Douglas Oaks New Kitten Guide – PDF
- Douglas Oaks New Puppy Guide – PDF
- Douglas Oaks Guide to Senior Care – PDF
- Thunderstorm Anxiety – PDF
- Help! I need to get my cat in a carrier! – website
- Cat Feeding & Nutrition Guidelines – website
- Training to accept Toe Nail Trim – website
COPING WITH THE LOSS OF YOUR PET
Trying to decide what to do with your loved one after you say good-bye is a difficult decision. This is the company we use for our cremation services. They offer private as well as mass cremations.
We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, and many other resources.
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
It’s never an easy decision to make, but perhaps the kindest thing you can do for a pet that is extremely ill or so severely injured that it will never be able to resume a life of good quality is to have you veterinarian induce its death quietly and humanely through euthanasia
Use the key factors of quality of life to help asses your pets condition
HIGH STRESS? We can help!
Feliway is a product to help bring your feline to a relaxed place. It is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone, used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure. It is available in a spray or a diffuser! Call us today to order some!
Dog Appeasing Pheromones aid in peaceful living for your dog who may get anxious during travel, thunderstorms, or when company comes. This product comes in a spray, diffuser, and a collar. It mimics the pheromones that come from a mother dog to calm her pups.
The Indoor Pet Initiative was created to enrich the lives of indoor cats and dogs. We believe that indoor enrichment is as important as an excellent diet and health care. Click on the link above and start creating a fun-filled environment for your pet!