We are taking the COVID-19 situation very seriously and understand the impacts it has on our friends and family. The well being of our staff, clients, and pets is at the forefront of our concerns and we would like to explain the measures we are taking here at Douglas Oaks Animal Hospital.
· We will continue to see appointments– We are taking precautions with appointments and would like to give clients the option to wait in their cars with pets until a technician is sent to bring you into a room. Our clients who are at greater risk of the virus are welcome to stay in the car, we will send a technician to your car to collect your pet, provide treatment, and then bring your pet back to you. If you need medication refills, please call ahead of time.
A mass email will be sent out in the event that we close.
· If you are feeling under the weather, please cancel your appointment– Because COVID-19 can spread in the very early stages (early cough, low-grade fever, sore throat), we ask that you stay home until you are feeling better.
· Increased cleaning– We are cleaning more frequently and cleaning frequently touched objects (door knobs, computers, credit card scanners, phones, counter tops, etc.) with products that are known to be effective against viral pathogens.
· Staff will stay home if displaying signs of illness– Please be patient if we are short on staff. Some of our staff also have children that will require them to adjust their schedules due to school closures.
· It appears that COVID-19 is not passable between pets and humans– The AVMA and CDC are currently saying (as of 3/11/20) that it is very unlikely for pets to be involved in the transmission of coronavirus, both among pets or from pet-to-human.
· Feel free to call us– We are committed to giving your pet the best care, so we are available for phone consultations (as always) to discuss your concerns regarding medications, illness, or new issues.
Douglas Oaks Animal Hospital is committed to helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 with our preventive measures and our understanding clients. We will continue to be as flexible as allowed with the evolving situation and will continue to keep up on recommendations by the CDC, AVMA, and government officials. Thank you for your understanding and support during this uncertain situation!
Please stay healthy!
-The team at Douglas Oaks Animal Hospital